Monday, August 4, 2008

The Evolution of IMAKEMADBEATS

It all started with Theo, who is now Marco Polo's manager. "Yo son, imma start callin you mad beats, cuz you got mad beats" . I would respond with " I make mad beats kid".

Years later.... I drew something...bored in a college class with a blind teacher.



I thought it was cool. I took a digital picture of it and thought nothing of it. Before I knew it I was obsessed with this picture....and found the ink in the page literally reaching out to me. It reminded me of Venom's alien symbiote on spiderman. I heard another producer's wack beat and the ink ran away.

Months later, i woke up to this picture in my email:


It was from my man Alucard of Creative Juices. The message said "yo NeeM heres the drawing you wanted me to do. This is just a test run to make sure i got the idea down. Yo son, you ok? when you called me to tell me about this sh*t you sounded mad crazy...kinda possessed or somethin man. Hit me up. Wu Mansion."

Til this day i have no idea of what phone conversation hes talking about. I printed the picture out, and the ink on the page squirmed and made sounds as if it was missing a limb..like someone had cut off its arm or something.

Weeks later, I get another email from Alucard. "yo NeeM..here you go, iight man!! damn fam...now you can leave me alone. You need to get some help fam. I knew somethin was wrong with you when u appeared at the crib at 4:30am and had somehow climbed to our balcony to ask me for this drawing!! you wild kid!! get help!" I had no idea again what he was talking about. I did notice however that my nights were longer than before.
This was the drawing he sent:


The dark image some how changed me. It was I and I was it. It said on its face the answer to every question someone ever asked me.
NeeM whats for breakfast
NeeM: IMAKEMADBEATS.

It became my existence.

It told me me that its cousin was Maximum Carnage. Shout out to him.

2 comments:

ryan G. said...

brilliant. This reminds me of this book called The Dead MC Scrolls.

blingrhames said...

ill