Saturday, October 20, 2007

CMJ's Percee P and Akrobatik Showcase!!!!


...
Imma start this one off with the elipsis cuz im not sure i know how to start this off. Let me just start it off how it happened. Im at the crib, TzaR hits me up saying he wants to roll to this Akro show tonight(Tzar Produced a joint on Ak's next album. Look out for that). So TzaR, Marie, and I roll out to Don Hill's. Soon as we walk in we meet Percee P. Got a chance to really build with him. Cool cat. Not too long into the show, Torae hits the show and rips it. Not long after Torae leaves the stage, TzaR and I run into Marco Polo and Emilio Rojas (fomerly known as Raks One). Emilio will be a special guest on the upcoming project IMAKEMADBEATS. Got a chance to show Marco the shirt we did for Supastition that Conshus made for the 7 inch vinyl for "Worst Enemy" prod by Marco Polo. Randomly not too long after that J Live hits the stage. Always loved J Live, and enjoyed the show. Went outside to get some air man, came back in, and Smif n Wess were in the building. Now, keep in mind, the only people on the bill were Percee P, Ak, and Torae. Everyone else just came thru to rock. Got a chance to talk to my man Steele after his set (they tore the place down). He's also on IMAKEMADBEATS, so yeah...lol, stay on the look out for that. Shout out to YUK, btw. So, i go back into the venue. I get word that the mother of my favorite (GOAT) producer of all time, Jay Dee, is in the building. I didnt know what to do. I had to meet her. I will never meet Dilla, not in this lifetime. I had to take a picture with her. And I did. Marie took the picture with her Blackberry Pearl outside where we could get accurate lighting. I had Marie instantly send the picture out to several different locations to make sure if her phone just died, it would be safe. We soon left, and celebrated wit the patented ST PROZ slurpee from 7-11. It was raining by then. No one cared.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the coolest news i ever read


-PS-

Anonymous said...

Sun!

Thats Dope as hell. All then cats were there. Damn.

Anonymous said...

That me Illa by the way ^^^^^^

Anonymous said...

AND you met Mrs. Yancey while you were wearing the hoodie that Ms. Dinero lovingly provided one Mr. NeeM! That is two degrees of separation, my friend.
Venus <3 Dilla